Thursday, October 15, 2009

An American Soldier

You came into my life not to long ago. Yet in this short amount of time you have stolen my heart. Your on my mind all the time. Your the only thing I think about. But how can this be possible? I have not known you for so long. Usually it takes a very long time before I even trust someone, yet you know almost everything about me.

You are a soldier. Someone who risks their life for the rest of us. You are more at ease in the war environment. You would go back in a heartbeat. Yet you don’t stop to think what you would be leaving behind. Does it not once cross your mind that it might possibly kill me to have to watch you go back into war? Or is it that you just don’t care what I think about it.

You have told me that if I were to run away that you would come after me. Did you really mean it? If I were to run away while you are over seas, would you really try and come after me still? Or would you forget all about me, the day you see your friends?

I love you. I know it hasn’t been long, but those words seem so very right when they are said to you. I just hope that you can back up these words you are telling me.

I only ask that if you do leave, that you please just say goodbye before you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment